Because several teams remain bunched together near the bottom of the standings, tiebreakers (see below) are necessary to determine who picks when. Both Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are likely top 3 picks.
$200 INSTANT BONUS
BET $5, GET $200 BONUS BET
BET $50, GET $250 BONUS
$1,000 FIRST-BET BONUS
MA only. 21+. Gambling Problem? If you or a loved one is experiencing problems with gambling, please call 1-800-327-5050 or visit gamblinghelplinema.org for 24/7 support. LiveChat with a GameSense Advisor at GameSenseMA.com or call 1-800-GAM-1234
MA Gambling Helpline.
If the season ended today, the Patriots would draft No. 5 overall. The Giants’ loss to the Raiders brought their strength of schedule down, sliding New York below New England.
Here’s what the top five looks like. Included is each team’s strength of schedule (the aggregate winning percentage of a team’s opponents) so far. The team who played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage would be awarded the higher pick:
- Arizona — 1-8. (Strength of schedule) .531
- Carolina — 1-7. (SOS .507) – Bears get their pick
- Chicago — 2-7 (SOS .476)
- NY Giants —2-7 (SOS .531)
- New England — 2-7 (SOS .563)
The Patriots play the Giants later this month in a game that could have a considerable impact on draft order.
The rest of the tie-breakers look like this:
In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by
- Strength of schedule
- Division or conference tiebreakers :
- Head-to-head, if applicable
- Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (minimum of four)
- Strength of victory in all games
- Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games
- Best net points in all games
- Best net touchdowns in all games
- Coin toss
Massachusetts sports betting apps are live and legal for online wagering. Sign-up for the top sportsbooks in MA. Bet now with FanDuel Massachusetts, DraftKings Massachusetts, and Caesars Sportsbook Massachusetts.